Famous Sharron is very famous for nothing at all.
She is the master of the #selfie but she also has a team around her making her more famous every day. This is an opportunity to join that team.
You are the perfect celebrity accessory. You are pretty good with a camera and know how to frame a breakfast for a delish Instagram post. You can deal with stress, boredom and adrenalin all in the space of an hour without losing it and love a good giggle. You are a team player, ready to offer your input and receive feedback; whatever it takes to get the right take.
This is a paid position on a casual contract.
The Gelo Company are now taking applications for the position of 'Fame Assistant' to work exclusively with Famous Sharron.
- Document and follow Famous Sharron at key events or just being famous (camera provided or you may choose to use your own)
- Collaborations with Gelo and Famous Sharron to create online video content
- Editing of video content
- A sense of humour, love of the ridiculous and basic editing skills
- Drivers license and access to reliable transport (locations will not always be central)
- Access to a computer and video editing software
- An awareness of Famous Sharron and interest in working with her directly
- Be happy to work for a company who hold the following values
- Experience in filming and editing
- Previous experience or networks in comedy, fashion, fame, arts, glitter production or performance
We are not looking for a professional production company; Famous Sharron already works with a number of those for larger scale projects.
This position would ideally suit someone breaking into the media industry, who may be studying media, film or journalism and is interested in gaining experience in a unique paid role.
This is an exciting role for the right person and we'd love to know if that's you.
FAQ (Fabulously Asked Questions)
What is the time commitment?
Shifts are generally in three hour blocks, with 2-3 scheduled per month.
This may increase during peak periods or show seasons - and are usually scheduled be on weekends or evenings with plenty of notice.
Do I need an ABN?
No, you would need a Tax File Number and be eligible for work in Australia.
You will be paid casual wages through The Gelo Company payroll system.
Applications are now open and may be submitted in whatever format you see fit via email.
It's particularly useful if you include:
- Why you are interested
- What you think you could offer
- Any experience or examples of your work (if you've ever filmed or documented something before)
- Anything else that could get you across the line to an interview
Send your applications by email; please ensure they are received by The Gelo Company no later than midnight on 30th September 2017.
Please do not send files over 10MB in size - please link to Dropbox or other file sharing applications.